Our ice climbing trips run from the end of November to mid February.
Most of our courses take place in Shuan Qiao Gou in the Four Sisters National Park of Western Sichuan.
Climbing ice is quite an advanced activity requiring at least some rock climbing experience before venturing on to the ice itsself. For this reason our courses are completely tailor made for the you or your group. Here are some examples of training days we can run:
Introductory skills day for people who have some climbing experience but have never used winter climbing equipment or been ice climbing before:
- Equipment set up - fitting crampons, ice axe leashes and clothing.
- Walking in crampons - how to walk safely in crampons without making holes in your cloths or falling over! Also what to do when you do fall over!
- Best use of ice axes - how to hold, swing, torc, hang in leashes, hang from different parts of the axe and so on…..
- Put it all together on a top rope. Including instruction for coming down, resting on the rope and additional skills.
- Back to the guest house to eat as much food as possible, review and relax!
A more experienced person may like a private trip with a guide to put top ropes on many different routes or an introduction to multi pitching on ice.
Just fill out our form and tell us about your experience and when you would like to go. We will design a course for you.