Yala is a beautiful area and is perfect for anyone with a little experience or for one of your first treks. Its a grate way to see local culture, beautiful mountains and green grasslands high in Weston Sichuan.
Arrival day: We will come to the airport and meet you when you arrive in Chengdu. Chengdu is a big modern Chinese City and the capital of Sichuan province. Dependent on the time of your flight an evening meal will be arranged with your guide to talk about the trip. Accommodation is provided for you in a Chengdu hotel.
Day 1: We will Leave Chengdu for Kangding early in the morning by privet transport. We will break the journey in Lu ding to stretch our legs and have Lunch. On arrival in Kang ding we will shop for food and visit the local monastery, then keep traveling to Zhonggu village where we will stay in a home belonging to some local people which also has a natural hot spring. After dinner we will spend a part of the evening preparing our equipment for the following days trek.
Day 2: After breakfast we will start trekking from the village. Our first day is easy walking and depending on walking pace, it will take four or five hours. We will camp in the beautiful Xindianzi grassland for the night.
Day 3: Today you will need all your strength as a long six hours walking mostly uphill, will take us over the highest pass of the trip at about; 4200 m. Our camp is on the other side between two lakes of religious importance for local people.
Day 4: Its important to make shore you have some power in your camera for today as we walk surrounded by mountains and snow peaks all day. This includes: Zhara holy mountain, only recently first ascended by a British group. Lunch by Yalayongcuo lake followed by an hour's easy walking downhill to the road and transport to Danba. We will spend the night in a local hostel here.
Day 5: Return to Chengdu. Farewell beautiful Yala!
- Experienced local trekking guide (English / Chinese speaking)
- Accommodation in Chengdu, before and after the trek. Local guest houses in Zhonggu and Dan Ba.
- All meals through out
- First aid kit
- Transport costs (by public bus and private vehicle)
- Camping equipment
- Cook and kitchen equipment
- Horses for baggage and equipment
- Waterproof boots, waterproof jacket and trousers, warm clothes and a rucksack are the essentials.
- Sunglasses, sun cream, hat, gloves, trekking poles.
- We can provide tents, ground mats and sleeping bags if necessary, or you may choose to bring your own.